Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bastard Sword Bard

Slight change, Master Touch will not work on Bastards, so will have to work the exotic Bastard feat in, but no big deal.

OK, if you follow Samius, you will know he recently posted a Bastard Sword War Chanter build recently.  I liked most of what I saw, but Samius and I do things slightly different, so I played around in the planner and came up with a 12 Bard/6 Fighter/2 Rogue version.  Pleased don't think I believe there is anything wrong with Samius's version, as he builds very good toons, but we play slightly different and this was my take on it.    Leaving out the Barbarian (might loose little DPS) and 13th level of Bard, I was able to take the rogue levels to get evasion and up some UMD and other skills.

I had been meaning to lay out a good Bastard Sword user as I have a lot of good Bastards saved up.  So seeing Samius's post, gave me some good ideas, so I stole some and then added my touches.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.8.2

Rightgeous
Level 20 True Neutral Human Male
(6 Fighter \ 2 Rogue \ 12 Bard)
Hit Points: 358
Spell Points: 388
BAB: 16\16\21\26\26
Fortitude: 13
Reflex: 12
Will: 9

Abilities (32 Point)
Strength 18
Dexterity 8
Constitution 16
Intelligence 10
Wisdom 8
Charisma 12

Tomes Used
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Skills

Balance 3- 22
Concentration 5- 27
Diplomacy 5- 23
Intimidate 5- 28
Jump 8- 17
Perform n/a- 26
Use Magic Device 5- 26

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness
Feat: (Human Bonus) Two Handed Fighting
Enhancement: Improved Intimidate I


Level 2 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Shield Mastery
Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery I
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I


Level 3 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
Enhancement: Fighter Armor Class Boost I
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery I
Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I


Level 4 (Rogue)
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I


Level 5 (Bard)
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage I
Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song I
Enhancement: Human Adaptability Strength I
Enhancement: Bard Charisma I


Level 6 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack I
Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery II


Level 7 (Bard)
Enhancement: Racial Toughness II


Level 8 (Bard)
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery II


Level 9 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting
Enhancement: Bard Warchanter I
Enhancement: Bard Charisma II


Level 10 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Shield Bash


Level 11 (Fighter)
Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song II
Enhancement: Fighter Flanking Mastery I
Enhancement: Fighter Strength I


Level 12 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
Feat: (Selected) Improved Shield Mastery
Enhancement: Improved Intimidate II
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II


Level 13 (Fighter)
Enhancement: Human Greater Adaptability Constitution I
Enhancement: Racial Toughness III


Level 14 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Handed Fighting
Enhancement: Fighter Stalwart Defender I


Level 15 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Fighter Strength II


Level 16 (Bard)
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage II


Level 17 (Bard)
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack II
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery III


Level 18 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness


Level 19 (Bard)
Enhancement: Bard Charisma III


Level 20 (Bard)
Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song III
Enhancement: Bard Warchanter II

No comments:

Post a Comment